Bread & Butter Project

Since 2013, The Bread & Butter Project has been educating the next generation of bakers. They provide training and employment for refugees and asylum seekers to boost their prospects of successful resettlement, employment, and a strong sense of belonging.

Trainees undertake a 6 to 8 month traineeship, which includes on-the-job bakery training, and TAFE accreditation English-language tutoring. The Bread & Butter Project then supports trainees to secure employment after graduation with like-minded organisations who are passionate about creating a diverse and empowered workplace. 100% of their profits are channeled into alleviating poverty.

Currently bread and pastry sales fund 90% of their training and operation costs, and donations fund the remaining 10%. They also rely on volunteers and pro bono assistance to help them achieve their goals. Want to buy delicious goods, retail or wholesale, and support a thriving social enterprise? Get in touch today!

Check them out and get involved!

VISIT THEIR WEBSITE EMAIL THEM

36G Fitzroy Street

Marrickville

2204

NSW

Ph. 1300 139 863